- Identify and circumscribe the ethical questions posed by scientific advances to health and society
- Take into account an issue in all its complexity: scientific, philosophical, legal, societal, etc.
- Select studies and data on the subject as exhaustively as possible. Analyse them in a rigorous and critical way
- Consider uncertainties and doubts with humility
- Confront principles and ideas, whether from experts or from individual and collective experience
- Make the meaning and complexity of the issues at stake in an ethical question intelligible.
- To share the fruit of our reflections with political leaders, professionals, the media and the public.
- Establishing a continuous watch on current scientific events and emerging issues.
Our reflection is based on benchmarks - values - and on the most lucid possible assessment of the benefits and risks of scientific advances for all living beings, today and tomorrow.